EFFT for Families with Young Children: Exploring and Expanding Resources for the EFT Therapist. Kathryn de Bruin LMFT with James Furrow PhD.
Emotionally Focused Family Therapy (EFFT) is an attachment-based approach that combines both systemic and experiential interventions to transform parent and child relationships through more secure relationships that promote resilience and thriving. This workshop focuses on the use of EFFT with families of young children (0 – 6 years old) through focusing on attachment-focused assessment and play therapy practices necessary for treating family distress and disorder in early childhood. Attention will be given to how EFFT practice with younger children incorporates different skills drawing from nonverbal attachment assessments and play-based interventions.
Join Kathryn de Bruin & Jim Furrow as they walk you through this course, involving didactic instruction, experiential exercises, video examples and case example demonstrating the practice of EFFT with young children and their parents.
This replay includes consultation with participant cases exploring the application of this training. Five 3-hour sessions you can watch and re-watch at your own pace, provide an opportunity for participants to apply this training to everyday practices.
SESSION 1 - 159 minutes
- INTRODUCING a Family For EFFT Therapy
- Intake Call
- Waiting Room
- EFFT OVERVIEW
- PLAY THERAPY OVERVIEW
- ATTACHMENT MODELS THAT WORK WITH YOUNG CHILDREN
SESSION 2 - Part 1 (67 minutes) & Part 2 (45 minutes)
- EARLY TREATMENT PHASE WITH FAMILY OF A YOUNG CHILD
- Early Treatment Phase/ EFFT Step 1/2
- SESSION STRUCTURE IN THE FOLLOWING: Parent Session, Family Session, Dyadic Session, Individual Session, Collateral Sources, Sibling Assessment
- SPECIAL MODIFICATIONS: Divorce/ Anxious/ Shame
- PLAY THERAPY INTERVENTIONS to collect the information:
SESSION 3 - 127 minutes
- DYADIC ASSESSMENTS
- EFFT Case Examples
SESSION 4 - Part 1 (44 minutes) & Part 2 (92 minutes)
- MIDDLE TREATMENT PHASE: STAGE 1 WORKING WITH BLOCKS
- Accessing Emotion in Step 3 with children, video & discussion
- Enactments with children, video & discussion
- Heightening with children, video & discussion
SESSION 5 - 109 minutes
- ENGAGING FAMILY VULNERABILITY